Have you ever wished that your local church was on-fire, winning souls, seeing miracles and leading the charge in your community for the Kingdom of God? Have you ever wondered what you can do to help that come to pass? “How to Pray for Your Church” is a message I preached at the local church that Susan and I attend here in Mankato during a time of special need.
This message will stir you up to prayer and give you a practical and biblical way to help your church move forward. You will learn:
- How to pray for the believers in your church.
- How to pray for the outreach of your church.
- How to pray for the pastor of your church.
The sermon notes are here as well. Print them out and use them as a prayer guide in your personal devotional life, family prayer, home groups, prayer meetings and church services. This message will help you to pray God’s Word, which cannot fail, over your church.
Sermon Notes: How to Pray for Your Church
Main Text: Mt. 16:13-19
Main thought: Jesus will build His church as you pray God’s Word!
Pray the Word: Sometimes we try to reap a harvest in prayer without the planting of the seed, the Word of God. (Mark 4:1-20)
When we pray God’s Word…
- We are praying in agreement with God’s will. (1 Jn. 5:14-15)
- We are praying in agreement with one another. (Mt. 18:19)
- We are praying prayers that are more powerful than the devil. (Luke 4:1-13)
PRAY FOR THE BELIEVERS IN OUR CHURCH
That we would honor our Father in heaven and do His will. (Mt. 6:9-13)
That we would have a revelation of our authority and use it. (Eph 1:15-23, 2:6)
That we would be strengthened by the Holy Spirit and know God’s love. (Eph. 3:14-21)
That we would grow in walking in love and glorifying God. (Phil 1:9-11)
That we would walk in healing and divine protection. (Ps. 91, 3 Jn 2)
That we would walk in unity in our church and in our families. (John 17:21, Eph. 4:1-3, Eph. 5:17-6:4)
PRAY FOR THE OUTREACH OF OUR CHURCH
That we all would grow in compassion for people who are away from God and be sent by the Lord to the harvest. (Mt. 9:35-38)
That people would be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Tim. 2:1-6)
That we would be filled with the Holy Spirit to be witnesses. (Acts 1:8)
That we would be bold and God would stretch forth His hand to heal in the name of His Holy Child Jesus. (Acts 4:23-33)
PRAY FOR THE PASTOR OF OUR CHURCH
That the church may prevail against the enemy as we hold up the arms of our pastor and his family. (Exodus 17:8-16)
That our pastor may open his mouth boldly to make know the mystery of the Gospel. (Ephesians 6:10-19)
That our pastor will be empowered to equip God’s people for the work of the ministry. (Eph. 4:11-12)
That God’s people will esteem our pastor highly in love for his work sake. (1 Thes. 5:12-13)
LET US pray God’s Word for our church in our personal times of prayer, family prayer, small groups, and church services.
Here’s a PDF of the notes. Print them out for your church and use them as prayer guide.
- The Healing Ministry with French Translation [Audio]
- Susan Shanklin: Birthing a Miracle [Audio]
- Doing the Works of Jesus [Audio & Video]
- Hearing the Voice of God [Audio & Video]
- Moving in the Gifts of the Spirit [Audio & Video]
- Cultivating the Fruit of the Spirit [Audio and Video]
- A Reunion in the Father’s House [Audio]
- The Local Church and World Missions: An Interview with Pastor Kelton Black [Audio and Video]
- Nurturing New Believers [Audio and Video]
- The Power of the Tongue for Good or Evil [Audio]