Tom Shanklin Ministries is an interdenominational evangelistic ministry dedicated to taking the whole Gospel to the whole world. Through our partnership with churches, ministries, and individuals, we are bringing a message of God’s love and grace and power to the nations.
The foundation of this ministry is Jesus Christ, and the work that He accomplished when He was sent to the earth by God our Father, died on the cross of Calvary for our sins, and rose again from the dead to give us victory over sin, death, and the devil. The Holy Spirit is anointing Christian believers all around the world to bring this message of spiritual, emotional, physical, and relational healing to a lost, hurting, and needy world. As we unite, we see multitudes finding the peace, rest, and healing that comes from knowing Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Tom Shanklin Ministries is not limited to working with one denomination, group, stream, or local church, but we are called by God to unite with Christ’s entire body to bring in the harvest in these last days. We share in the common goal of reaching the world with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
We invite you to join hands with us, as the Holy Spirit leads you, to see a great harvest of souls in the earth, that Jesus may be lifted up and our heavenly Father may be glorified.
For more information, contact us.
Tom and Susan Shanklin
Tom and Susan Shanklin are both part of the baby-boomer generation that sprung up in America after the end the Second World War. In the 70s, they embraced the hippie lifestyle and became involved in a life of drug use, experimenting with various forms of spirituality, and a rejection of what they saw as a hypocrisy in society.
In 1977, both Tom and Susan had dramatic encounters with the living Christ, and were radically transformed. Jesus became real, and He became Lord of their lives. They served as pastors in various local churches in Minnesota and North Dakota for 22 years, along with traveling nationally and internationally, and publishing the Gospel in various forms. Since 2005, the focus of their ministry has been evangelism and missions, and living the Christian life in practical ways with their family and in their community. Tom and Susan live on a small farmstead in southern Minnesota and have three wonderful adult children and four grandchildren, which give them great joy.
Tom Shanklin is motivated by a desire to see people reunited with God, healed (spiritually, emotionally, and physically), and filled with a sense of their divine purpose in life. He preaches in a simple and practical way that people of all ages and backgrounds can receive. Tom ministers within the United States as well as internationally encouraging people in their walk with God and exalting the message of the cross of Jesus Christ as the answer to their deepest need.
This ministry has been a blessing to many in the Body of Christ, from numerous denominations. I myself am a Lutheran pastor of the AFLC, and as we hold these meetings there are many people from Roman Catholic, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Assembly of God, Mennonite, Methodist, and Non-denominational backgrounds who come to receive the Word of God and get changed by the Holy Spirit. The Lord is using Tom’s ministry to further the revival of the Church. Pastor Robert Buechler, Trinity-Bergen/Lake View Lutheran Parish, Starkweather, ND
Susan Shanklin brings a powerful and unique approach to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Her straightforward method brings conviction and empowerment into people’s lives by applying the Scriptures to real life situations. She is bold and compassionate in her presentation and has a special ability to make people laugh and to look at things in a fresh new way. Susan is also an accomplished stained glass artist and enjoys the homesteading lifestyle on the couple’s farm site in southern Minnesota. Many people enjoy her unique writing style, which combines unique and witty insights into everyday life with a spiritual punch. Her articles appear in the ministry’s newsletter and on the website.
It was pure joy to have Susan minister at our women’s conference. She was so down to earth and transparent in her life experiences. Her teaching was laced with scriptures that everyone could apply to in their own lives. Laughter filled the day with her witty insights. We were all personally blessed and it was all to the Glory of God! Pastor Joyce Caugherty, Faith Family Christian Center, Hendricks, MN
- Tom and Susan’s 3.3
- Susan Shanklin Stained Glass
- Susan’s Amazon Author Page
- Articles by Susan Shanklin
Tom Shanklin Ministries is having an impact around the world today today through evangelistic outreaches, missions, seminars, publishing, and media ministry. People are receiving Christ and becoming disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ. Ministry materials are available through Amazon.com, ITunes and others.
In March, 1983, we published the first issue of a Christian newspaper called the Heartland News. I wrote three articles in that premier issue: one on the origin of sin, one on repentance and one on being born again. I’ve given a lot of sermons since that time, but I guess in reality I’m still preaching the same message today, “You must be born again!”
Susan started a column in that paper called “Jerusalem Housewife,” about her home, her kids and how the Lord is the One who gives her strength and purpose for living. Like I say, in some ways, not a lot has changed. Her heart is still in her home, caring for her husband, loving her children, and trusting her God.
Later in 1983, we established a local church in Twin Valley, Minnesota, I left my job at the Twin Valley Times newspaper and we went into ministry full time, pastoring the church, publishing the Heartland News and traveling about preaching the Good News. It was out of that church that we took our first mission trip, which was to the nation of Haiti with Terry and Cary Nelson of Light Ministries. There, I preached my first open air service and saw a crowd of people come to Jesus. What a thrill! I also remember calling Haiti, which is the poorest nation in western hemisphere, a “hell hole.” The conditions were horrible. I can still vividly remember ministering in the City of Soleil, Port-au-Prince, among the cardboard shacks and open sewers, with unimaginable poverty and despair.
Since that time, we pastored five other churches, and traveled to many other states and countries. It was in China that I first encountered people in remote villages who had never heard the name of Jesus. In one village there, our team slept on the floor of a house in a room filled with bags of rice. Rats ran over our feet throughout the night.
In 2005, I (Tom) felt led of the Lord to leave pastoral work and launch out full time into evangelism and missions. Reaching out to the lost and preaching the Gospel has always been my passion. Both as a pastor and in my travels, I have been privileged to pray with many people to receive Christ as Savior and to encourage many in their walk with God. I value all those experiences and the people who have been a part of our lives over the years. Along the way, there has always been someone who encouraged us, blessed us, and helped us to go forward.
My heart continues to beat for those who are lost and without hope all around us. Please pray with us that we will be able to reach many people in our nation and around the world with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Mark 16:15, KJV.
The mission of Tom Shanklin Ministries, World Evangelism Fellowship, Inc., is to unite with the whole Body of Christ to reach the whole world with the whole Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We accomplish our mission through:
- Reaching the Lost
- Encouraging Believers
- Strengthening Churches
Our Core Values (C.H.I.E.F)
What We Believe
l. We believe that God the Father, His Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the three persons of the Godhead, one God in three persons. (II Cor. 13:14)
2. We believe that the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God, that it is profitable for doctrine, reproof and correction, for instruction in righteousness and that this same Word is alive and powerful, having the ability to bring new life to human beings. (II Tim. 3:16, Heb. 4:12, I Peter 1:23)
3. We believe in the new birth through faith in Jesus Christ as the only means of salvation. (John 3:7, John 14:6, Acts 4:12, Eph. 2:1)
4. We believe in water baptism by immersion as prescribed by Jesus Christ and the apostles, not as a means to salvation, but as an act of obedience, symbolizing the surrender of the will to God, death to the old way of living and identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. (Luke 24:43, Matt. 28:19, Mark 16:16, Rom. 6:4)
5. We believe that believers are to live a holy life, totally in line with God’s will as expressed in the Bible. (Matt. 5:48, Titus 2:11-15)
6. We believe that if we sin, we have an advocate (lawyer) with the Father, who is Jesus Christ, the righteous, and that if we will confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness by the blood of Christ. (I John 2:1, I John 1:7,9)
7. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an enduement of power for the believer to be a witness in the world. We believe this experience is distinct from the gift of salvation, that salvation is not dependent upon this experience, but that it is the will of God for every believer. (Acts 1:4,5,8; Acts 2:1-4; Acts 8:12,14-17; Acts 10:44-48; Acts 19:1-6)
8. We believe in the ordinance of marriage as prescribed in the Bible. (Eph. 5:31)
9. We believe in healing for the physical body and authority over Satan and demons is provided through the work of Jesus Christ on the cross and through the resurrection. (I Pet. 2:24, Eph. 1:15-23.
10. We believe in the future literal return of the Lord Jesus Christ to the earth and the resurrection of the dead. (I Thes. 4:14-17)
11. We believe that the local church is an institution ordained of God for the propagation of the Gospel, the teaching and training of the saints and a place where the love of God operates; that God has ordained leadership and and that they are to be respected as God’s vessels. (Matt. 16:18; Acts 2:42, Eph. 4:11, I Thes. 5:12,13)
12. We believe in the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper as expressed in the Holy Bible, that the fruit of the vine represents the blood of Jesus shed for our sins and the bread represents the body of Christ. The Lord’s Supper should be taken in an attitude of reverence and repentance, and with a recognition of the entire Body of Christ, not just those of their own fellowship or those of likemindedness, but all those who Christ purchased with His blood at Calvary. (I Cor. 11:23-34)
Board of Directors
Tom Shanklin Ministries is a board-approved branch of World Evangelism Fellowship, Inc., a non-profit 501 (c) (3) Corporation registered with the Internal Revenue Service. World Evangelism Fellowship is governed by our Board of Directors, which consists of Tom and Susan Shanklin and three local church pastors.